Kahalgaon Super Thermal Power Station (KhSTPP) is located in Kahalgaon in Bhagalpur district of Bihar. The coal for the power plant is sourced from Rajmahal coalfield of Eastern Coalfields Limited. Source of water for the power plant is Ganga River.
In March 1992, the first unit of 210 MW capacity was commissioned.
Capacity: 2340 MW (4 x 210 MW + 3 x 500 MW)
Location: Bhagalpur, Bihar
Coal Source: Rajmahal Coal Fields of ECL
Water Source: Ganga River
Beneficiary States: West Bengal, Bihar, Jharkhand, Orissa, Sikkim
- Unit - I: 210 MW - March 1992
- Unit - II: 210 MW - March 1994
- Unit - III: 210 MW - March 1995
- Unit - IV: 210 MW - March 1996
- Unit - V: 500 MW - March, 2007
- Unit - VI: 500 MW - March, 2008
- Unit - VII: 500 MW - June, 2009