Date: 20 November, 2012
The Government of Chhattisgarh released the solar energy policy on 20 November 2012 and is operative till 31 March 2017. This policy is aimed to achieve a target solar power generation capacity between 500 MW to 1,000 MW by March 2017.
Some of the incentives are:
- Exemption of VAT by the Commercial Tax Department for all equipments / materials required for solar power project.
- Charges for Open Access and losses shall be applicable as approved by the CSERC / central regulatory body for third party sale outside the state
- Wheeling and transmission charges as per CSERC regulations.
- Cross subsidy surcharge shall not be applicable for Open Access obtained for the Third Party Sale within the state subject to the industries maintaining their demand within the contracted range.
- Energy banking facility allowed at mutually agreed terms and wherever necessary approval of appropriate electricity regulatory commission shall be obtained.