“A comprehensive all-in-one course addressing all key elements for successful gas & LNG business strategies”
Dates and Locations
- 14-18 May 2017, Dubai
- 21-25 August 2017, Johannesburg
- 11-15 September 2017, Port of Spain
- 20-24 November 2017, Singapore
Due to the complex geopolitical nature of gas/LNG sourcing and long term nature of gas transactions between buyers and sellers, it is commercially prudent for those involved in this process to know the global gas/LNG supply situation, available methodologies for price determination, contract structure and negotiation techniques. Any misjudgement in any of these areas could result in wrong sourcing decisions, significant adverse financial consequences and legal liabilities.
This course has, therefore, been designed to enable the professionals in the gas sector and gas advisory services to make right sourcing decision, construct gas/LNG contracts and negotiate from a position of strength and knowledge in order to gain a competitive edge in the process.
- Global gas/LNG market and market structure
- Current gas/LNG trading activities in Europe, USA, Asia Pacific, Africa, Atlantic and Middle East region
- Principles and formulation of gas/LNG Sales and Purchase Agreement (GSPA/SPA), Gas Transportation Agreement (GTA) and Gas Sales Agreement (GSA)
- Contract terminology and construction – operational, commercial and legal basis of gas, LNG and Gas Transportation Contracts
- Gas/LNG pricing strategy and price indexation in a competitive gas market
- Contract negotiation - best practice techniques
Key Learning Objectives
- Background knowledge to facilitate gas/LNG sourcing decisions
- Understanding current trends of the gas organisation structure
- Knowledge of the underlying reasons for gas contract terms and conditions
- Sufficient knowledge enabling construction of gas, LNG and gas transportation contracts
- Expertise for contract negotiation
- Techniques of gas/LNG pricing in a competitive market
- Understanding of operation of trading hubs, spot and arbitrage
- Knowledge of transportation tariff determination methodologies
Throughout the course the course director combines theoretical aspects with examples from real life of LNG/gas contracts, pricing and the specific risks and their mitigation methods. The five-day course at all times remains interactive with full participation from all the participants.