Union Cabinet has given its ex-post facto approval to the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between the National Productivity Council, an autonomous body under the Department of Industrial Policy & Promotion, Ministry of Commerce & Industry, and Al Etihad Energy Services UAE, to provide various services in the field of energy management and conservation.
Under the MoU, the NPC will provide the following services:
- Energy Assessment Services
- Training & Certification of Energy Auditors
- Demand Side Management.
Meanwhile, Al Etihad ES will provide the following services to all the relevant projects on a case by case basis:
- Customer Support with UAE Government and Private owned organizations in the United Arab Emirates
- All local support for Field Auditing Professionals in the UAE
- All local support for Training & Certification of Energy Auditors in UAE
- All support related to Demand Side Management of industries based in UAE
The MoU will enable NPC avail high value opportunities such as energy building and develop institutional mechanism in area of energy efficiency in Dubai and other Gulf Cooperation Council, (GCC) member countries. It will provide recognition and exposure to further build NPC's capacities and competencies in rapidly changing international business scenario.
The MoU will be a precedent for engagements with other International collaboration partners and will enhance NPC's visibility in arena. The MoU will help promote NPC in GCC member countries and will generate business for NPC in the area of energy.